My name is Sean Alsobrooks.
I help companies increase online sales and conversions using smart design.
Most recently I served as the Director of Design at a digital agency where my role was to help lead and manage the design team, provide leadership and mentoring to employees, and establish strategy and design direction for client campaigns.
15 reasons why I’d make a great design partner:
- I work well with others. I put the team first and I know how to get along with people.
- I work quickly. I don’t rush, but I get stuff done.
- I’ve been designing products since 1999. (AKA – lots of hours designing user experiences and interaction)
- I love the process. Research, brainstorming, prototyping, designing and testing.
- I have almost two decades of experience communicating and presenting to clients.
- I work with focus, energy and enthusiasm.
- I have a deep respect and passion for the craft. (see number 3)
- I’m a good visual designer and I can add high fidelity to UX/UI work when needed.
- I have deep empathy for people (users) and love to help fix their frustrations.
- I can identify user experience problems. (I see what’s broken)
- I‘m available to start working right away.
- I’m constantly balancing user needs with business needs. (I’m an entrepreneur)
- I know how to communicate clearly. I’ve spoken in public hundreds of times.
- I use the tools your team uses. (Sketch, OmniGraffle, Photoshop, InVision, Principle, Marvel, etc)
- I will bring incredible value to you and your clients.
3 sample projects on which I led digital design:
I grew up in Detroit.
I love college football.
I’m a donut enthusiast.
I live in Knoxville, TN with my wife Sara, our 3 daughters and our dog Baxter. My entire career I’ve been designing brands, products, apps and websites.
Previously I’ve founded Kanvess, an Instagram printing service. My wife and I started a local business, Makers Donuts. Much of my focus is spent thinking through design systems, designing interfaces, and obsessing over building beautiful user experiences.
My favorite food. I’ve traveled across the USA searching for the very best.
I only watch movies at the theater. Something about the popcorn.
My family lived in Cali for 8 years and I still miss the San Diego sunshine.
I own two old motorcycles and this summer I did a 2,000 mile road trip.
I don’t miss the winters but I’ll always have a sweet spot for my home state.
I love the beautiful outdoors and camping (glamping) with my family.